Dr. Jason Petkevis is a general dentist in the Exton, PA area that will restore a structurally unsound tooth with a dental crown. A dental crown, or ‘tooth cap’, can be used as a restorative treatment to protect a tooth damaged by tooth decay. It can also be used in cosmetic dentistry to change the shape or length of a tooth. Dr. Petkevis can also replace a metal dental crown, a broken or worn dental crown with a new porcelain dental crown that looks and feels like your natural tooth. Dr. Petkevis may recommend a dental crown for any of the following dental problems or cosmetic concerns:
- Restore a tooth with large cavity
- Repair a damaged, chipped or cracked tooth
- Reinforce a tooth with a root canal
- Strengthen anchor teeth for dental bridge
- Improve appearance of misshaped or crooked tooth
- Cover stained or discolored tooth
- Close gaps between teeth
- Lengthen teeth
- Restore a missing tooth along with a dental implant
Porcelain Dental Crown
Dr. Petkevis can replace a metal dental crown, broken or worn dental crowns with a new, porcelain dental crown in his Exton, PA cosmetic dentistry office. Replacing a dental crown is a simple procedure that can provide dramatic improvement in the appearance of the smile.
Benefits of a Porcelain Dental Crown are:
- Metal free – do not cause discoloration along the gum like conventional metal dental caps
- Natural looking – a porcelain dental crown is made of layers of fine ceramic material, to match natural tooth enamel
- Long lasting – a porcelain dental crown is highly durable, as well as stain resistant, meaning it will last for years to come
Dental Crown Process
- At your consultation, Dr. Petkevis will examine your teeth and overall dental health. This exam will help us to design a personalized treatment plan that will restore the tooth to optimal health and function.
- Dr. Petkevis will then prepare the tooth/teeth by removing a small amount of the natural tooth structure to accommodate the dental crown. A temporary tooth cap will be placed on the tooth while the final restoration is being fabricated.
- In about 2 to 3 weeks, you will return to our Exton, PA dentist office where Dr. Petkevis will attach the dental crown, make any necessary adjustments and secure it for a permanent fit.