Dental Distinction is a comprehensive dentist office in Chester Springs providing dental care to patients of all ages. A healthy smile radiates confidence, sincerity, and warmth – affecting the way you interact with the people around you. This is why our office offers comprehensive general dentistry services including routine dental exams, dental cleanings, preventive care, oral surgery, and basic restorative procedures. During our routine dental exams, we take the time to get to know you and your dental health goals. Dr. Petkevis will create a specialized treatment plan to address any dental concerns you might have and give you the beautiful smile you deserve.
Dr. Petkevis and his dedicated staff of professionals combine state-of-the-art technology with advanced techniques to provide patients with the highest level of comprehensive dental care available today. With a wide range of procedures to choose from, you are sure to benefit from a general dentistry treatment plan designed to meet your needs and objectives.
- Oral Health Visit: Routine dental visits are the foundation of excellent long-term oral health.
- Dental Fillings: Tooth cavities have no place in our Chester County, Pennsylvania dentist office. Fill your tooth cavities before they become larger and require root canal treatment.
- Implant Dentistry: Dental implants replace missing or lost teeth at the root for a stable restoration.
- Dentures & Partials: The most common treatment for replacing teeth that have been removed. Dentures can replace a full row of missing teeth and can be supported with dental implants.
- Dental Bridges: Fill in the spaces that lost teeth leave behind. Restore full function to your bite with removable bridges.
- Root Canals: Remove decayed and diseased parts of your tooth with this relatively pain-free procedure. Patients are saying that their tooth pain goes away almost immediately after this procedure.
While preventive care and general dentistry are the foundation of our dental office, Dr. Petkevis is an experienced dentist for the treatment of complex dental problems including missing teeth, worn or broken teeth, TMJ Disorders, and cosmetic dental concerns.
What is Complete Dentistry?
Ideally, dentistry is preventive. As a general dentist, Dr. Petkevis urges patients to visit the dentist at least every six months for routine dental cleanings and oral health check-ups. As many as 3 out of every 4 adults are affected by periodontal disease, better known as gum disease. Without professional intervention, gum disease can contribute to serious health conditions such as heart disease and diabetes. Having a routine dental care program allows the dentist to prevent gum disease and treat it in the earliest stages to avoid long term problems.
Your First Visit At Dental Distinction
A visit to Dental Distinction for general dentistry services is unlike any other trip to the dentist. Dr. Petkevis welcomes patients of all ages to our comprehensive dental practice.
You can expect one-on-one time with your dentist and a comprehensive evaluation that includes a physical inspection of the mouth, teeth, gums, jaw joints, and other support structures. Dr. Petkevis will take the time to discuss your health history, cosmetic dental concerns, and other dental problems.
Our examination includes:
- Diagnostic x-rays
- Oral cancer screening
- Periodontal screening (for gum disease)
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
- Digital bite analysis and examination of temporomandibular joints (TMJ) and jaw position
- Digital imaging for analysis, diagnosis, and treatment planning
- 2-D and 3-D models for analysis and treatment planning
What Causes Tooth Pain?
Sensitive teeth can cause extreme tooth pain, especially when eating hot or cold foods and drinks. For intermittent tooth sensitivity, your dentist may suggest a special toothpaste for sensitive teeth to minimize or eliminate tooth pain symptoms.
Persistent tooth sensitivity that causes moderate or severe tooth pain can be a sign of tooth grinding, tooth decay, or another dental problem. Your dentist will examine the tooth and create a personalized treatment plan.
Tooth decay leads to cavities that cause tooth pain, especially when decay or infection reaches the tooth pulp. A root canal is the most common type of treatment for a cavity that is causing a toothache. The dentist will remove the inflamed or diseased tooth pulp and seal the tooth with a dental crown.
If the pain is severe and causing swelling or fever, you may have an abscessed tooth. This is a serious condition that causes infection of the tooth pulp as well as surrounding gum and possibly bone. If you are experiencing this type of tooth pain, contact Dental Distinction for an appointment with Dr. Petkevis.
If your tooth pain is concentrated in the jaw or face, you may have a TMJ disorder. Tooth pain can be a result of pressure in the jaw joints and/or pressure from grinding or clenching teeth.
Pain When Chewing
If you experience tooth pain when you chew or bite, you could have a cracked tooth, broken crown, or loose filling. Another cause may be a tooth cavity. Dr. Petkevis will examine your condition and create a personalized treatment plan to best fit your dental needs. Schedule a dental visit and consultation online today.
Payment & Dental Insurance Information
We strive to make your visit to the dentist as easy and stress-free as possible. That means flexible payment options and complimentary claims filing for dental insurance.
Trying to find a dentist in Chester Springs?
Dental Distinction may be the perfect fit for your family’s needs. Whether you need a local dentist for general dentistry and routine care or a highly trained specialist to treat your complex dental problems, Dr. Petkevis can help. Call us at 610–400–1459 or schedule your next appointment online.