Are your missing teeth in your smile zone? Are lost teeth preventing you from enjoying and showing off your smile?
Your teeth and jawbone support the skin and muscle on your face. Without tooth structures in place, you can experience many adverse symptoms that affect your overall appearance. Effects such as facial sagging, gum disease, cavities, and further tooth loss can occur.
Dr. Jason Petkevis is a is a Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Our Chester Springs PA dentist office is experienced in replacing missing teeth with a variety of dental treatments and techniques. With the latest in dental technological advances, you can rest assured your dental care is performed by an experienced dental team. Whether you are missing teeth because of an injury or accident, gum disease, tooth decay, or age, we have the right restorative dental treatments to fit your needs and budget.
Why Should I Replace My Missing Teeth?
Tooth loss creates a range of problems for patients from serious medical conditions to emotional and social concerns. Missing teeth should be treated as quickly as possible. Once a tooth is lost, the bone begins to deteriorate. It will continue to deteriorate if no treatment is sought, making replacement options more and more difficult. Tooth loss can potentially affect other teeth as well.
- Without supporting structure neighboring teeth will shift, causing crooked teeth issues.
- This can also give bacteria more opportunities to infect your gums. Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss.
- Dental cavities can develop more easily on nearby teeth.
- Facial sagging can start to occur.
Missing Teeth Treatment Options
There are several options available to patients with missing teeth. Dr. Petkevis will perform a comprehensive evaluation to diagnose your specific condition. He will make recommendations for the best long-term results. Our goal is to restore your smile to its natural function. We will do our best to improve your oral health and aesthetics.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants are a permanent solution for tooth loss, with a success rate of more than 95%. Many patients prefer implants to other prosthetics because they look and feel like natural teeth. Dental implants are secure and stable, giving you the ability to eat, laugh, and smile with confidence. Unlike dentures, they do not require additional maintenance or nightly removal.
- Dentures and Partial Dentures – Dr. Petkevis offers a variety of dentures, including implant-supported dentures. Permanent implant-supported dentures offer better retention and long term benefits compared to traditional removable dentures.
- Dental Bridges – Teeth bridges can be used to replace one or more missing teeth. There are many types of dental bridges available. Modern bridges look more natural than ever. We are also able to use dental implants to create permanent implant-secured dental bridges. Similar to implant dentures, implant-secured bridges are permanent, do not require special maintenance, and extremely long-lasting.
Schedule a Consultation
You should not have to suffer from the emotional or physical pain that comes with missing teeth. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Jason Petkevis to learn more about replacing missing teeth and which options are best for you. Call us at 610–400–1459, or schedule an appointment online today.
Missing Teeth FAQs
What is the most natural way to replace my missing teeth?
The most effective and natural way to replace teeth is with a dental implant supported restoration. This solution offers many more aesthetic and health benefits. Dental implants help prevent bone loss and help your face maintain its natural shape. They will secure the restoration with no worries of it slipping around, falling out or causing slurred speech.
My missing tooth is in the back of my mouth. Do I have to replace it?
Just because you cannot see the missing tooth when you smile doesn’t mean you shouldn’t replace it. The gap will cause your remaining teeth to shift which can lead to painful bite issues. The surrounding teeth will become crooked and new gaps may even appear that will affect your smile. It will also effect your ability to chew certain foods.
I cannot afford dental implants. What are my options?
We understand paying for dental implants can seem impossible for some. Thanks to advances in dental technology, other options such as bridges and dentures are well-made and look more natural than before. These are options are better for your oral health compared to doing nothing. Our helpful office staff can also review with you the financial aspect of dental implants. We offer financing options, will file your claim with your dental insurance to maximize your benefits, and also offer many flexible payment options.