Do you suffer from dental fear or anxiety?
Whether your dental fear stems from a past experience or a fear of losing control, our team at Dental Distinction can work with you to help you get the dental care you need. Dr. Jason Petkevis leads a team of highly trained, compassionate professionals. We work with you to ensure you are safe, comfortable, and relaxed throughout your treatment. Don’t let dental fear be the reason you oral health suffers.
In this blog post, we will discuss some simple ways to keep you relaxed during your dental visit. Visiting the dentist doesn’t have to be scary if you are under the care of a trusted, experienced dentist; visit our Chester Springs, PA dental office for the dental care you need.
Tips For Managing Dental Fear
- Bring a friend t0 help keep you relaxed during your dental visit. Bring a friend with you for moral support.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your dentist questions. If you want to know more about your treatment or the type of tools used, ask your dentist.
- Sedation dentistry may be right for you. Sedation dentistry can be used to keep you relaxed and calm throughout your treatment. Sedation dentistry is also helpful for patients with a strong gas reflex or patients who need multiple procedures during one visit.
- Try deep breathing techniques to help keep you relaxed. Try finding deep breathing techniques that work for you.
- Try listening to music or an audiobook to take your mind off your procedure.
- Ask your dentist if you can take a break when you start to feel anxious. Taking breaks may help you stay calm throughout your visit.
Schedule An Appointment
Visit our Chester Springs dental office for the dental care you need. Dr. Petkevis is a trusted, experienced dentist who is committed to improving your oral health. To schedule an appointment, call or request an appointment online.