Monday, January 8th, 2018Finding the right solution to treat gum disease can be beneficial for your oral health as well as your overall health. Gum disease can wreak havoc on your oral health and cause advanced dental problems in the future. In advanced cases, gum disease can cause deep pockets to form on the gum line which may result in shifting teeth, and eventually tooth loss. At Dental Distinction in Chester Springs, PA, general dentist Dr. Jason Petkevis offers complete, advanced dental care for patients with gum disease. Catching gum disease early allows patients to have a wider range of treatment options and also may minimize the chance of needing invasive treatment. If you are experiencing any signs of gum disease, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Petkevis. Patients can contact our Chester Springs dental office or schedule an appointment online.
Signs of Gum DiseaseThe signs of gum disease vary from patient to patient. Some patients may experience minimal symptoms, while another patient may experience the majority of the symptoms. During your visit, Dr. Petkevis will examine your gums, you can disclose any symptoms you may be experiencing, and you can also ask any question you have regarding your oral health. Symptoms of Gum Disease:
- Swollen or irritated gums
- Bad breath
- A toothache
- Bleeding gums
- Mouth sores
- Red, or discolored gums
- Shifting, or lose teeth
- Missing teeth
Treatment Options For Gum DiseaseDr. Petkevis offers a wide range of periodontal therapy services to treat patients with early and advanced stages of gum disease. Dr. Petkevis will examine your smile and determine which treatment best suits your needs.
- Scaling and root planing
- Antibacterial mouthwash
- Laser Dentistry
Posted in: Gum Disease
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017Everyone has habits, but did you know some of those habits could be harming your teeth? In dentistry, our goal is to help protect your teeth and prevent the development of complex dental problems in the future. Restorative dentist Dr. Jason Petkevis has years of experience correcting teeth that have been damaged due to bad habits. As one of the leading dentists in the Philadelphia area, Dr. Petkevis is committed to helping patients achieve a healthier smile. Dr. Petkevis works with each patient to address any dental concern and provides a treatment that is right for them.
Habits That Can Damage Your Teeth
- Biting Your Nails: Nail biting can put pressure on your teeth and even wear them down over time. In advanced cases, nail-biting may lead to crack or chipped teeth.
- Incorrectly Brushing Your Teeth: We know that brushing is great for your teeth. Brushing helps remove harmful bacteria in the mouth that can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath. However, if you are incorrectly brushing your teeth, you can cause damage to your teeth and gums.
- Teeth Grinding: Teeth grinding can put pressure on the teeth, causing cracked or chipped teeth in the process. Teeth grinding can even cause symptoms like headaches, jaw pain, and shifting teeth. Teeth grinding can seriously affect the function of the jaw, so it is important that you visit our Chester Springs dental office for a comprehensive exam.
- Using the teeth as a tool: Using your teeth to open cans or packages can damage your teeth in the long run. Using your teeth as a tool can lead to fractures, cracks, or chips in the enamel.
Schedule An AppointmentBeing aware of these habits can help keep your teeth protected. Also, scheduling routine preventive care exams can help Dr. Petkevis find any signs of teeth damage and provide a treatment plan to improve your smile. If you need schedule an appointment, patients can contact our Chester Springs dentist office or schedule an appointment online.
Posted in: Oral Health
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017Chipped, cracked, and fractured teeth can happen to anyone at any age. Patients may experience tooth damage due to poor oral hygiene, trauma, and age. No matter the reason, cosmetic dentist Dr. Jason Petkevis offers solutions for patients with damaged teeth. In order to treat your smile effectively, it is important to understand what caused your tooth damage. Dr. Petkevis performs a comprehensive exam to determine if any underlying problems have to lead to chips, fractures, or cracks in the teeth. If treatment is needed, Dr. Petkevis will work with you to plan out a treatment that works for you. Damaged teeth may lead to:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Tooth decay
- Pain or discomfort
- Tooth loss
Solutions for Damaged TeethFinding a solution for your damaged teeth can prevent a more complex dental problem from developing. When finding the ideal solution for your needs, Dr. Petkevis take into account your dental goals, your concerns, your overall oral health, and your lifestyle. To repair damaged teeth, Our Chester Springs dental office offers dental bonding and dental crowns.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding helps seal out tooth decay. The bonding material can be molded, shaped, and color match to resemble your natural teeth. Dental bonding can be an ideal solution for patients with minor chips and cracks.
- Dental Crown. Dental crowns are usually made of porcelain for their durable and able to resemble your natural teeth. A dental crown acts as a cap that fits securely on the tooth.
Visit Our Chester Springs Dental OfficeWe offer a range of dental services to improve the quality of your smile. If you are suffering from damage teeth, schedule an appointment with cosmetic dentists Dr. Petkevis. Patients can contact our Chester Springs dental office to schedule an appointment.
Posted in: Damaged Teeth
Thursday, October 19th, 2017Cosmetic Dentistry can be used to restore beauty back into your smile. If you have experienced discoloration, chipped teeth, gapped teeth, gummy smile, or misshapen teeth, you may benefit from a cosmetic dentistry service. At Dental Distinction, Chester Springs cosmetic dentist Dr. Jason Petkevis, DMD skillfully crafts beautiful smiles for patients who may suffer from a range of dental concerns. Dr. Petkevis specializes in identifying and treating complex dental problems, as well as addressing cosmetic dentistry problems. At Dental Distinction, it is imperative that we treat any underlying dental issues before performing any cosmetic dentistry treatments. In order for your cosmetic dentistry treatment to give you long-lasting noticeable results, you must first have a strong, healthy foundation. Dr. Petkevis will work with you to help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Chester Springs, PADr. Petkevis dedicates the time to address your dental goals and concerns before deciding which cosmetic treatment is ideal for your smile. During your consultation. Dr. Petkevis will perform a comprehensive exam to determine the state of your oral health. With the comprehensive exam, Dr. Petkevis is able to determine if you may benefit from a restorative or general dentistry service before undergoing a cosmetic treatment. Our goal is to provide patients with a long-lasting, functional, aesthetically pleasing smile. Cosmetic Dentistry Services:
Schedule A ConsultationAt Dental Distinction, we listen to your needs and create a treatment plan that will improve the function and beauty of your smile. Dr. Petkevis has extensive training in creating fully functional, comfortable smiles. If you would like to explore your cosmetic dentistry options, visit our Chester Springs, PA dentist office. We encourage patients to call our office to schedule an appointment or schedule an appointment online.
Posted in: Cosmetic Dentistry
Thursday, September 28th, 2017Have you been experiencing persistent bad breath? You may have developed halitosis. Halitosis is often linked to poor oral hygiene, but in other cases, halitosis can be an indicator of a more complex dental problem. During a visit to Chester Springs Dentistry, general dentist Dr. Jason Petkevis will perform a comprehensive exam to determine the cause of your halitosis. Depending on the cause, Dr. Petkevis can offer a range of services to help improve your smile. If you haven't visited the dentist for a comprehensive exam, visit Chester Springs Dentistry. Dr. Petkevis offers compassionate, patient-focused dental care and will work with you to get you the dental treatment you need. We offer a wider range of general, restorative, and cosmetic dental treatments to help restore health and function back to your smile. Contact our Chester Springs, PA dental office and schedule an appointment.
HalitosisDiscovering what is causing your halitosis is the best way to find a dental treatment specific to your needs. In the meantime, patients can improve their oral hygiene routine. Try brushing your teeth for two minutes a day at least twice a day. Also, try incorporating flossing into your routine. Flossing can help remove debris that is hiding between the teeth. Look for products with an ADA approved stamps like certain types of fluoride rinse and toothpaste. Once you visit Dr. Petkevis, he can instruct you on what steps you need to take to maintain a healthy smile. Possible Causes of Halitosis:
- Gum Disease: Once gum disease develops, they become sensitive, irritated, and full of bacteria. The bacteria that develops in the pockets of your gums can cause your teeth to shift, tooth sensitivity, toothache, bleeding gums, and halitosis. It is important that patients visit our Chester Springs, PA dental office to receive a thorough examination of their teeth, mouth, and gums. Most patients do not realize they have gum disease until they visit the dentist.
- Dry Mouth: When the mouth isn't producing the necessary amount of saliva, it can cause dry mouth. Dry mouth may be caused by dehydration, illness, smoking, and certain kinds of medication. Progressive dry mouth may leave you more susceptible to tooth decay, cavities, and even gum disease. It is important to stay hydrated and visit your dentist or doctor to determine if your dry mouth is caused by a more serious problem.
- Tooth Decay/ Cavities: If tooth decay is left untreated, it can cause halitosis, tooth loss, and infection. Regular checkups with Dr. Petvekis and practicing an excellent oral hygiene routine can minimize your chance of developing tooth decay and cavities.
Posted in: Halitosis
Wednesday, August 30th, 2017Hiding your smile because of missing teeth can be tiresome and challenging. However, there are plenty of tooth replacement options to help restore your beautiful smile. Chester Springs, PA dentist Dr. Jason Petkevis offers a wide range of tooth replacement options, including dental implants. Dental implants can be a convenient, sustainable solution for your missing teeth. As an active member of the International Congress of Implantologists, Dr. Petkevis dedicates hours of continuous training and education to stay up to date on the current techniques and advancements in dental implant dentistry. Dr. Petkevis is specially trained to perform both the surgical and restoration aspects of the dental implant procedure. He will work with you to help create a natural looking, functional smile for patients who are missing one or more teeth.
Dental ImplantsDental implants are a small, titanium post that is surgically implanted into the jawbone. They can be used to replace one or more missing teeth. Dr. Petkevis will consider the position and number of missing teeth perform suggesting a dental crown, dental bridge, or denture as your final restoration. Dr. Petkevis will also determine if dental implants are right for you. To receive dental implants, patients may need to have an adequate amount of healthy bone structure to be an ideal candidate for the dental implant procedure. However, if you are not an ideal candidate for dental implants, Dr. Petkevis offers a wide range of tooth replacement options. Dr. Petkevis will work with you to determine the best choice for your smile.
Types of Dental Implants
- Single tooth implants: Single tooth dental implants are usually capped off with a dental crown. Dental crowns can be color matched to blend seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
- Multiple tooth implant: If you are missing several consecutive teeth, Dr. Petkevis can use dental implants to secure a bridge to restore your smile.
- All On Four: For patients missing a full set of either the top or bottom arch of teeth, All-on-Four can replace a full mouth of teeth. Using as few as four strategically placed dental implants, Dr. Petkevis can secure a denture.
The Process: Dental ImplantsDr. Petkevis will begin by surgically attaching the dental implant into the jawbone. It typically takes anywhere from 3-6 months for the dental implant to integrate into the jawbone. In some cases, Dr. Petkevis can attach a restoration all in the same day. In other cases, Patients will be given a temporary restoration while their dental implants heal. Once the healing process is completed, Dr. Petkevis will securely attach a dental crown, dental bridge, or denture as your final restoration. In the case of a single missing tooth, Dr. Petkevis will use a dental crown. For two or more missing teeth, he may use a dental bridge or denture.
Visit Chester Springs DentistryRestorative dentist, Dr. Petkevis offers a full range of cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry services at Chester Springs Dentistry in Chester Springs, OH. He will work with you to provide a personalized treatment plan to help improve your smile. If you are looking for an experienced dentist, schedule a visit with Dr. Petkevis. Patients can schedule an appointment online or call 610.400.1459
Posted in: Dental Implants
Tuesday, July 25th, 2017During your teen and early adulthood years, you may begin to notice the development of your wisdom teeth. The wisdom teeth are often the last teeth in your upper and lower jaw to develop. During development, patients may feel a pressure in their jaw or nothing at all. It is important to get your teeth checked regularly to make sure your wisdom teeth are developing properly.General dentist Dr. Jason Petkevis of Chester Springs Dentistry has years of experience dealing with wisdom teeth and is committed to helping you maintain a healthy smile. When wisdom teeth come in properly then they usually don't pose any risk. However, if they are misaligned they can cause a number of dental issues for the patient and may need to be properly removed. Dr. Petkevis will work with you to develop the best plan of action.
Wisdom TeethDepending on the way your wisdom emerge, they may need to be removed to ensure the quality and health of the rest of your teeth isn't compromised. When wisdom teeth come in properly, they can help aid activities like chewing harder foods. However, most times, wisdom teeth don't develop properly. Dr. Petkevis can thoroughly examine your teeth during a routine preventive care exam to determine whether or not you will need your wisdom teeth removed. Cause for wisdom teeth removal:
- Wisdom teeth don't emerge properly
- Causing over crowding in the mouth
- Excessive tenderness and swelling at wisdom teeth site
- Teeth Damage
- Tooth Decay
Schedule An AppointmentTo learn more about your options about wisdom teeth, visit our Chester Springs, PA dental office. Dr. Petkevis is an experienced dentist who is committed to providing comprehensive, personalized dental care. You can schedule an appointment online or call 610.400.1459
Posted in: Wisdom Teeth
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017Preventative dental care is important to your oral health in the long run. Avoiding complex dental issue is just one of the benefits of learning the importance of maintaining a healthy, bright smile. Chester Springs dentist Dr. Jason Petkevis, DMD believes that patients should be equipped with the tools to take charge of their oral health. At Chester Springs Dentistry, we offer a variety of cosmetic and restorative treatments for patients looking to improve their oral health.
Preventative Dental Care In Chester Springs, PADr. Petkevis highly encourages patients to visit our Chester Springs dental office biannual for a comprehensive exam. A comprehensive exam allows Dr. Petkevis to check your teeth for any signs of dysfunction. With information from the comprehensive exam, Dr. Petkevis will develop a plan based on your oral health needs. Our Comprehensive Exam Includes:
- Dental x-rays
- Periodontal screening (for gum disease)
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
- Oral cancer screening
- Review of medical history
- Cosmetic dental evaluation
- TMJ exam
- Occlusal (bite) analysis
- Catches complex dental issues or dental dysfunction
- Helps remove plaque buildup and debris
- Helps avoid complex dental treatment
- improves your overall oral health
Schedule An AppointmentIf you are looking for an expereinced dental professional in Chester springs, Schedule an appointment with Dr. Jason Petkevis, DMD. At Chester Springs Dentistry, we value each of our patients and want them to experience patient focused, personalized dental care. Come visit our Chester Springs, PA dental office, feel free to schedule an appointment online or give us a call 610.400.1459
Posted in: preventive dental care
Monday, May 8th, 2017Have you noticed, or been told, that you have bad breath? Bad breath can cause embarrassment, and if you notice that it does not go away after a thorough brushing and flossing, you should let your dentist know as soon as possible. Your bad breath could be an indicator of a more complex oral health concern. Chester Springs, PA dentist Dr. Jason Petkevis encourages any patient with chronic halitosis to schedule an oral health exam to diagnose and treat the root of the problem. What is your bad breath saying about your oral health? Bad breath may be an indicator of an oral or systemic health condition. If Dr. Petkevis suspects that your halitosis is caused by diabetes, lung infection, kidney or liver condition or a gastrointestinal problem he will refer you to your general physician for further care. If the cause of your halitosis is an oral health concern, our Chester Springs, PA dental care team can help you address the root of the problem so you can enjoy fresh breath and oral health.
Oral Health Causes Halitosis
- Cavities- Untreated, tooth decay causes a strong oral odor. The smell is the bi-product that bacteria leaves behind on your teeth and gums. Caught early, tooth decay can be treated with a dental filling. Advanced tooth decay may require a more advanced dental procedure such as a root canal or tooth extraction. Dr. Petkevis is a highly trained and experienced dentist who provides personalized and comprehensive treatment plans for the treatment of tooth decay.
- Dry Mouth- Dry mouth could be the result of many conditions. Dry mouth is a condition where you have a lack of saliva productions in your mouth. Without a healthy saliva flow, food debris and bacteria can build up causing bad breath and ultimately tooth decay or even gum disease.
- Gum Disease-Patients suffering from gum disease may experience unpleasant odors in their mouth. The bacteria build up causes a bad smell creating chronic halitosis. Dr. Petkevis offers professional teeth cleanings, planing and scaling for the treatment of gum disease.
- Oral Hygiene – Brushing and flossing twice a day can help keep your bad breath under control. Brushing and flossing help to remove plaque and bacteria build up that frequently causes bad breath. Diligent oral hygiene can also help prevent the development of complex oral health problems. If you have questions about what oral hygiene products are right for your oral health needs, our Chester Springs, PA dental care team will be happy to assist you.
Schedule A ConsultationTo learn more about chronic halitosis and how it may be a sign of more complex oral health concerns, contact our Chester Springs dentist office. Biannual dental check-ups with Dr. Petkevis can help you keep your breath fresh, teeth clean, and smile brightly for years to come.
Posted in: Chester Springs Dentist
Monday, April 10th, 2017Chester Springs, PA dentist Dr. Jason Petkevis offers patients comprehensive and personalized dental care. With state of the art dental technology and years of advanced training and experience, our Dental Distinction team puts an emphasis on preventative dental care and provides cosmetic and restorative dentistry for complex dental concerns. Our patients can feel the difference when they come to our Chester Springs dentist office. Our compassionate and highly trained dental care team will welcome you, making you feel like a part of our family. We offer dental care for patients of all ages making our dentist office convenient go to place for your whole family.
What Our Patient’s Say About Us
“Dr. Jay saw me on short notice today because I was having tooth pain. Although I am typically not a fan of going to the dentist, Dr. Jay is truly exceptional! Not only is his staff pleasant and professional, his office is beautiful. He made short work of my cracked filling, easily dispersing my anxiety about going to the dentist, and sent me away with a smile on my face. Dr. Jay is a skilled, efficient, and friendly dentist. It is obvious the pride Dr. Jay has put into his practice and the value he has of his clientele. I easily saw today why staff members answer the phones asking “Thank you for calling Dental Distinction. How can I make you smile?” Victoria
“Our family (me, my wife and two little girls) recently moved to the Chester Springs, PA area. We had to drop our old dentist and find a new one. We consider ourselves very lucky that we found Dr. Jason Petkevis and his staff! With our varying dental needs, Dr. Petkevis and his skilled staff were courteous, informative and easy to work with. We didn’t feel that they were just out to get our money, Dr Petkevis and his staff were all about serving us and genuinely cared for the dental health of our family. They have made our family feel right at home in Chester Springs! Any family in the area should consider seeing Dr. Petkevis! “ Ron C.
“I had to have my FRONT tooth replaced and saying I was nervous about the procedure and how it was going to look after was an understatement. I am not the easiest patient due to severe anxiety and panic attacks with all things “medical”, especially needles. Dr. Jay did such a fantastic job! He explained everything and took the time to make sure that he was prepared for a special needs I required. I called multiple times before the procedure with questions and concerns and Crissy was amazing. She explained everything and made me feel comfortable. I was terrified walking into the back, knowing I was going to get a shot. They sat me down, put on the massaging chair, asked me what I wanted to watch on TV and let me relax until I was ready. I didn’t feel a thing!!! The tooth looks EXACTLY the same if not a little better than the real one. Color matches perfectly. I honestly cannot believe how good it turned out. I have been going to Dr. Jay for about 2 years and I would never go to anyone else! Not only are they great with major procedures but even going in to get a cleaning, Julie the Hygienist is so welcoming and makes the visit enjoyable.” Michelle
Schedule An AppointmentBi-annual dental check-ups are a great way to keep your teeth and gums in their best healthy. Highly trained and experienced, Dr. Petkevis uses the latest in dental technology to offer his patients quality and compassionate dental care. Dr. Petkevis welcomes new patients from Main Line, Chester Springs, Exton, or Downingtown PA.
Posted in: Dentist in Chester Springs