Are your missing teeth causing your face to sag? Your teeth and jawbone support the skin and muscle on your face. Without tooth structures in place, sagging can happen and alter your overall appearance.
Dr. Jason Petkevis is a dentist in Chester Springs PA, experienced in replacing missing teeth with a variety of dental treatments and techniques. Whether you are missing teeth because of an injury or accident, gum disease, tooth decay, or age, we have the right restorative dental treatments to fit your needs and budget.
Why Should I Replace My Missing Teeth?
Tooth loss creates a range of problems for patients from serious medical conditions to emotional and social concerns. Missing teeth should be treated as quickly as possible. Once a tooth is lost, the bone begins to deteriorate. It will continue to deteriorate if no treatment is sought, making replacement options more and more difficult. Tooth loss can potentially affect other teeth as well.
- Without supporting structure neighboring teeth will shift, causing crooked teeth issues.
- This can also give bacteria more opportunities to infect your gums. Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss.
- Dental cavities can develop more easily on nearby teeth.
- Facial sagging can start to occur.
Missing Teeth Treatment Options
There are several options available to patients with missing teeth. Dr. Petkevis will perform a comprehensive evaluation to diagnose your specific condition. He will make recommendations for the best long-term results. Our goal is to restore your smile to its natural function. We will do our best to improve your oral health and aesthetics.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants are a permanent solution for tooth loss, with success rate of more than 95%. Many patients prefer implants to other prosthetics because they look and feel like natural teeth. Dental implants are secure and stable, giving you the ability to eat, laugh, and smile with confidence.
- Dentures and Partial Dentures – Dr. Petkevis offers a variety of dentures including implant supported dentures which offer better retention and long term benefits compared to traditional removable dentures.
- Dental Bridges – Can be used to replace one or more missing teeth. There are many types of dental bridges available including implant secured dental bridges which are permanent and extremely long lasting.
Schedule a Consultation
You should not have to suffer from the emotional or physical pain that comes with missing teeth. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Jason Petkevis to learn more about replacing missing teeth and which options are best for you. Call us at 610–400–1459, or schedule an appointment online today.