In the past people who suffered with loose, missing and unsightly teeth only had one choice to replace the appearance of teeth; a denture. Unfortunately, dentures have the one of the lowest levels of patient satisfaction compared to other dental procedures. While dentures replace the appearance of teeth, they do not replicate the function of natural teeth.
If you are wearing dentures, have missing teeth or are facing the prospect of losing teeth, you owe it to yourself to contact Dr. Jason Petkevis. Dr. Petkevis has devoted much of his post graduate training towards the treatment of complex dental problems such as missing teeth.
Poor Fitting Dentures Are Bad For Your Health
Not only do poor fitting dentures make it a challenge to eat, speak and smile, but they can contribute significant health risks:
- Bone Loss Once a tooth is lost, the bone that once supported that tooth begins to deteriorate. Even the most well made dentures will become loose over time as this bone continues to deteriorate.
- Dietary Concerns Poor fitting dentures make it extremely difficult to chew foods. As a result, many denture wearers will consume more processed foods. This can lead to problems with weight and obesity, diabetes, increased risk of heart disease and stomach problems.
- Decreased Hygiene Poor fitting dentures allow plaque and bacteria to build up behind and below dentures. This can lead to gum disease which is strongly linked to heart disease and diabetes.
Solutions For Poor Fitting Dentures
Visit Dr. Petkevis in Chester Springs, PA for a consultation to address your poor fitting dentures. Depending on your needs and long term goals, there are a variety of techniques to secure the fit of your dentures.
Implant dentures are supported by dental implants. This treatment can greatly improve the fit and function of dentures and in some cases, an existing denture can be converted into an implant denture.
Benefits of implant dentures:
- Better retention, no chance of slippage
- Improved health of bone and gums
- Ability to eat without restrictions
- No adhesives needed
- More natural look and feel
Many patients who choose implant dentures will have all of their teeth replaced the same day. This is made possible with strategic planning. Dr. Petkevis will coordinate the placement of as few as four dental implants to anchor the denture.
Schedule a Consultation
You should not have to suffer from the emotional or physical pain that comes with missing teeth. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Jason Petkevis to learn more about replacing missing teeth and which options are best for you.
Call 610–400–1459 or schedule an appointment online.