Chester Springs dentist Jason Petkevis, DMD understands the physical and emotional difficulty caused by missing teeth. Today’s dentures aren’t like those of the past. There are many exciting options for patients including implant dentures, which restore teeth to their natural look and function.
Types of Dentures
- Full Dentures – Full dentures are used to replace all of the upper or lower teeth. Dentures can either be fixed or removable. Fixed dentures, also called implant dentures, are anchored by dental implants. As few as four dental implants may be needed to secure the denture in place, greatly increasing the success rate and satisfaction of the denture.
- Benefits of Implant Dentures – Implant dentures offer a number of benefits compared to removable dentures including:
- Better retention, no chance of slippage
- Improved health of bone and gums
- Ability to eat without restrictions
- No adhesives needed
- More natural look and feel
- Same Day Dentures – Most patients who choose implant dentures will receive same day dentures, also called immediate dentures or dentures in a day. This is made possible with strategic planning. Dr. Petkevis will coordinate the placement of as few as four dental implants (called all on four) to anchor the denture. The denture will help the dental implants to heal by acting as a splint.
- Partial Dentures – Where full dentures replace the entire lower or upper set of teeth, partial dentures are used to replace several missing teeth. Like full dentures, they can either be fixed or removable. Partial dentures are similar to a dental bridge. If the partial denture is fixed, it is either secured in place using dental crowns or dental implants.
How much do dentures cost?
The cost of dentures depends on your specific condition, the type of dentures you choose and the materials we use. Dr. Petkevis will review the denture cost along with any other details prior to treatment. If you have dental insurance, we will submit claims on your behalf. For treatment not covered by insurance, we offer several flexible payment options to make dentures affordable.
What is All on Four?
All on four is a same day denture procedure. Depending on your specific condition, as few as four dental implants may be placed in the jaw bone to anchor the dentures.
Do you do denture repair?
If you need denture repair, please contact our office. In some cases, we may be able to complete denture repair. Other times, we may recommend a denture replacement.