Dental implants are a secure, natural-looking option to replace missing teeth. Many patients prefer implants to other prosthetics because they look and feel like natural teeth. Dental implants can renew your appearance, rejuvenate your oral health, and return your ability to eat, laugh, and smile with confidence.
Dr. Jason Petkevis offers experienced, comprehensive care for missing teeth and has advanced training in the placement of dental implants. As an implant dentist near you, he works hard to accomplish the best possible outcome and lasting results. A member of the International College of Oral Implantologists, Dr. Petkevis is committed to providing the highest standard of care when replacing your lost teeth with dental implants. We use quality materials and the latest techniques.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant replaces the actual root of the missing tooth and will help to prevent the bone loss that occurs when a tooth is missing. A significant benefit of dental implants is that they can replace a missing tooth without involving adjacent teeth. We use dental implants to replace one, two, or an entire set of missing teeth.
Are implants right for you?
Dr. Petkevis will determine if you are a candidate for dental implants. You must be healthy enough for surgery and have the adequate bone structure to support the dental implant. Your concerns are important to us, and our entire team will work closely with you to make your experience a success.
The Dental Implant Process
For most patients, dental implant placement involves two procedures:
- First, the dental implant, a tiny titanium post, is surgically placed into the jawbone. The healing process varies but generally takes three to six months. The dentist may place a temporary restoration onto the dental implant during the healing process to replace aesthetics and function.
- The second part of the dental implant procedure involves implant restoration. Dr. Petkevis will uncover the dental implant and attach an abutment. The replacement tooth or teeth will be attached to the abutment for a permanent restoration. In the case of a single missing tooth, Dr. Petkevis will use a dental crown. For two or more missing teeth, he may use a dental bridge or denture.
Types Of Dental Implants
Dental implants can be used to replace one missing tooth, several missing teeth or to permanently secure a bridge or denture. Dr. Petkevis offers all types of dental implants to replace lost teeth and restore your daily quality of life with natural functioning results.
- Single tooth implants: a dental implant is often the best way to replace one missing tooth because it does not require the degradation of neighboring teeth to support an appliance. The post will act much like a tooth root and reduce bone loss in the jaw.
- Multiple tooth implant: if several consecutive teeth have been lost, dental implants can be used to secure a dental bridge for a permanent smile solution that will improve your overall oral health, as in the case of a single implant.
- All On Four: this procedure uses as few as four dental implants to secure a hybrid denture and provide a stable restoration when all of the top or bottom teeth are missing. Dr. Petkevis recommends the All On Four option for patients struggling with a poor-fitting denture or who have to have an entire arch of teeth removed. Your implant secured denture will offer many benefits for lasting oral health and daily quality of life.
Dental Implant FAQs
Are Dental Implants painful?
Patients are often amazed at how comfortable they were during and after their treatment. The actual dental implant procedure is no more painful than having a tooth extraction. You are likely to experience some tenderness and swelling immediately following the procedure, but these symptoms should subside within 2 to 3 days of treatment.
How much do Dental Implants cost?
The cost of dental implants is a concern for many patients. When considering the dental implant procedure, it is important to look at the long-term benefits that dental implants provide. Dental implants are less likely to need repairs and maintenance in the future. Compared to dentures, dental implants offer significantly better results in terms of quality of life, something that is hard to put a dollar figure on.
We offer flexible payment options including interest-free financing to help you pay for your procedure.
I have more than one missing tooth, can I still use dental implants?
Yes, A dental implant can be used to replace one missing tooth or used to replace all of your missing teeth by supporting a denture or over-bridge. If the dental implants are being used to support a denture or over-bridge, Dr. Petkevis may place as few as four dental implants to secure the restoration.
Schedule a Dental Implant Consultation
If you have a missing tooth or several missing teeth, Dental Distinction offers dental implants in the Exton, PA, Downingtown, PA, and Chester Springs, PA. Schedule an appointment today with Dr. Petkevis to discuss your oral health, concerns, and budget to see if dental implants are the right choice for you.