We are eagerly awaiting to see all of your smiles again! We want to take a moment to remind you that our top priority is always your health, safety, and well-being. As we reopen our office, we are proud to say, that after much hard work and preparation, we are prepared to deliver the high-quality dental experience you have come to expect from us, in the safest environment possible.
We are vigilant in monitoring the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the American Dental Association for infection control related to COVID-19. After reviewing the latest guidelines, we can say, with confidence, that our increased protocols go above and beyond those recommendations to keep you safe.
We are committed to implementing safety protocols. In addition to our existing measures, you should anticipate noticing the following protective efforts when you enter our dental office:
- All patients answer a screening questionnaire prior to arrival. Appointments rescheduled if the risk of patient transmission of illness, including COVID-19 has been determined.
- Plexiglass barrier upon exiting at the front desk to reduce the spread of germs in an area where social distancing may be compromised.
- Increased efforts to disinfect throughout our office and reception area. Wiping down countertops, touch screens, and credit card machines after each use and regularly disinfecting bathrooms, furniture, doors, and handles.
- Reduction in the number of people allowed in the reception area at one time.
- Improved traffic flow upon entering and exiting the office by use of all entrances and exits.
- Reduction in the number of patients treated simultaneously.
- Increase in the time between patient visits to allow for more thorough disinfection.
- Enhanced disinfecting protocol in our exam rooms including additional disposable barriers changed between patients, all surfaces disinfected with Cavicide chemical germicide between each patient with appropriate application times.
- Additional manpower to focus solely on sterilization and disinfection.
- Increased PPE for all staff who provide dental care including face shields, and N95 masks.
- Improved air filtration in the HVAC system to remove germs from the air utilizing an Aerus air scrubber with HEPA filtration and UV light to destroy pathogens.
- Aerosol control through High Volume Evacuation (HVE) during dental procedures using the VacuLUX HVE Adapter which helps remove over 90% of aerosols created during procedures.
- Additional aerosol control using Vanguard Gold Extraoral Chairside Suction with HEPA and Charcoal filtration to help remove and destroy any residual aerosols.
In addition to our efforts, we ask for your cooperation and support with the following safety measures as we work through the current situation:
As you can see, we have gone above and beyond usual and customary efforts to keep you safe. We care about you! Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we all work towards a happy and healthy future.
Dr. Petkevis and the team at Dental Distinction