Chester Springs dentist Jason Petkevis, DMD uses dental veneers for subtle changes, as well as dramatic transformations. Depending on your circumstances, Dr. Petkevis may use porcelain veneers or composite resin veneers to cover the front of the tooth, giving you a whole new smile.
Who Needs Dental Veneers?
Dental Veneers may be used to:
- Close spaces between teeth
- Improve the appearance of crooked teeth
- Repair chipped or broken teeth
- Cover stained or discolored teeth
Types of Dental Veneers
There are several types of dental veneers available:
- Composite resin veneers are made using a tooth colored, biocompatible material that is applied directly to the tooth and sculpted into place. This type of dental veneer requires little to no preparation to the tooth and are not permanent.
- A lumineer is a type of dental veneer. While Dr. Petkevis does not use the brand lumineer, he is able to offer patients similar type restorations. These also require little to no tooth preparation and can be removed if desired. Lumineers are not for everyone; Dr. Petkevis can help you decide was right for you.
- Porcelain veneers are thin, translucent shells of tooth-like material. Porcelain veneers are highly stain resistant and have similar light reflecting properties compared to natural teeth.
Before & After Photos
About The Porcelain Veneer Procedure
Porcelain veneers generally take 2 – 3 visits to complete. After a comprehensive evaluation and consultation, Dr. Petkevis will prepare the teeth by removing a small amount of enamel from each tooth. An impression will be taken and you will be fitted with temporary teeth veneers while your final restorations are being created.
In approximately 2–3 weeks, your new porcelain veneers will be ready to be permanently affixed to your teeth. Dr. Petkevis will try the veneers on your teeth to check the fit and color. Once both you and the dentist are satisfied, Dr. Petkevis will use a special bonding cement to secure the porcelain veneers to your teeth.
Porcelain Veneers Frequently Asked Questions
How much do porcelain veneers cost?
The cost of porcelain veneers varies depending on the material used, number of porcelain veneers to be placed and specific condition of the patient. Before we begin treatment, we will complete a full review of the procedure including the porcelain veneer cost. We offer convenient payment options including interest free financing through Care Credit for qualified patients.
How long do porcelain veneers last?
Porcelain veneers are designed to last a lifetime. This longevity can be achieved with proper care and maintenance. That includes proper at home hygiene routine and regular visits to the dentist for professional cleaning and examination.
Is the porcelain veneer procedure painful?
Patients often worry about pain associated with porcelain veneers. We take steps to ensure that each patient undergoing treatment with porcelain veneers is comfortable and relaxed. It is common for patients to experience some mild sensitivity immediately following treatment. These symptoms generally subside within 1 to 3 days of treatment.