Tips For Managing Dental Fear
- Bring a friend t0 help keep you relaxed during your dental visit. Bring a friend with you for moral support.
- Don't be afraid to ask your dentist questions. If you want to know more about your treatment or the type of tools used, ask your dentist.
- Sedation dentistry may be right for you. Sedation dentistry can be used to keep you relaxed and calm throughout your treatment. Sedation dentistry is also helpful for patients with a strong gas reflex or patients who need multiple procedures during one visit.
- Try deep breathing techniques to help keep you relaxed. Try finding deep breathing techniques that work for you.
- Try listening to music or an audiobook to take your mind off your procedure.
- Ask your dentist if you can take a break when you start to feel anxious. Taking breaks may help you stay calm throughout your visit.
Schedule An AppointmentVisit our Chester Springs dental office for the dental care you need. Dr. Petkevis is a trusted, experienced dentist who is committed to improving your oral health. To schedule an appointment, call or request an appointment online.
Posted in: Dental fear